PARKING BROCHURE: Click link below
– Parking meters in the downtown area are enforced 10 AM to 5PM – MONDAY – SATURDAY.
PANGO APP PARKING AREA AND METERS ON E 2ND STREET MONDAY – SATURDAY 7 AM TO 7 PM
There is a 2-hour parking limit at the metered spaces on Main Street from East Street to West Street, including Market Square.
– NO PARKING on Main Street (including Market Square) between the hours of 2AM-5AM every day.
– Head In Parking Only at our meters. Do not back your vehicle in to any of the parking stalls.
Please note that Pennsylvania Vehicle Code Violations will be strictly enforced at all times:
- No Parking on the Sidewalk
- No Parking within an Intersection
- No Parking on a Crosswalk
- No Parking within 20 feet of a Crosswalk at an Intersection
- No Parking within 30 feet of a Stop Sign
- No Parking over 12 inches from the Curb
- No Parking against Traffic
- No Parking in Front of a Driveway
– Tickets are to be paid within 10 days from the date of issue. Failure to do so will result in additional costs.
– After 20 days from the date of issue the ticket will go into a citation at District Magistrate Lawton’s office (570) 784-1868.
– Once the ticket has gone into a citation, the fines increase. Once you receive a citation you can request a hearing. Be advised there will be court costs associated with this hearing if you are found guilty.
– Clerks can not excuse parking tickets. You must speak to the officer if you believe you were ticketed in error.
Parking Enforcement Officers are available to discuss tickets during the last half hour of their shift. Please contact our office for days and times. This must be done within 48 hours after fine was levied.
– Officers do not take phone calls about parking tickets.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
– The Bloomsburg Police Department will accept cash (not preferred), checks, money orders, certified checks and credit cards for payment of fines and fees.
– No coin currency will be accepted for fines greater than $5.00.
HOLIDAY TICKETING SCHEDULE
We do not ticket for Expired Meter tickets and Street Maintenance on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, All President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
All other holidays we will be ticketing. We ticket for any illegal parking on holidays.
PRIVATE PARKING LOT COMPLAINTS:
The Bloomsburg Police Department will enforce private parking areas, which regulate parking to tenants and employees or their guests. Bloomsburg Police and parking enforcement officers will respond to these complaints and ticket those vehicles parking on ‘private property.”
Private property owners must provide the department a list of vehicles illegally parked on their lots or send a designated person to meet police and identify the vehicles illegally parked on private property. Police do not patrol private lots in search of private property violations.
The property owners should be advised that if a ticket is issued in “error”, the property owner is responsible to pay the costs of the ticket.
An “error” is generally observed when the property owner permitted a vehicle to be parked on the private lot & the vehicle’s owner was authorized to park there but was identified as a vehicle in violation and ticketed.