The Town of Bloomsburg offers permit parking to residents and employee that live and work in the downtown area.
Zone B ($125) Lightstreet Rd / North Street
Zone C ($185) Diner Tri – Lot
Zone D ($185) East Pine Ave Lot
Zone E ($185) Pine Ave Lot
Zone F ($125) Employee Lot (next to St. Columba)
Zone G ($185) Library Lot
Zone H ($150) North Market Street
Zone I ($150) West Pine Ave Lot (behind Post Office)
Zone J ($125) Hoppes Lot
Getting a Permit
You are required to show the following at time of purchase:
– Proof of Residency (a valid lease or a current utility bill)
– Vehicle registration
– Photo ID
Students must be present to get their permits. (Only a parent can obtain a permit for their son/daughter if the student cannot be present).
*Only one permit is issued per person.
All permit sales are non-refundable.
Vehicle registration & photo ID are require at time of purchase.
Rules and Regulations
- Downtown Parking permits are sold as ZONES.
- They will be sold first come/first served basis
- Permits are sold twice a year on the first business day in January & July. These dates can vary due to holidays. Check www.bloompd.com, Facebook and Twitter for sale dates).
- The permit is valid for 6 months. (January-June and July-December)
- Permit zones will be strictly enforced during meter enforcement hours.
- Permits are priced according to Zones.
- This permit allows you to park in the designated permit zone. It does NOT allow you to park at a meter or in a Residential Permit area. We enforce the same time as the meters.
- Make sure permit is hanging clearly visible at all times from your rear view mirror while parked in the permit zone. If it falls down or you forget to put it up, you will get a ticket and you will be responsible for that ticket.
- Your license plate is written on the permit, it is only good in that vehicle. If you get a new vehicle or have to borrow a vehicle, you must come to the station with your permit and new registration and we will update your permit.
- Please take note of the expiration date on your permit. These are 6 month permits. January – June and July – December. As a current permit holder, you may come 4 business days before your permit expires to renew for the next 6 months. (Must bring current proof of residency, vehicle registration, photo ID and old permit in order to renew) Renewal dates are posted on our home page and Facebook and Twitter. You will not be notified.
- Make sure to read the snow removal procedure. If you do not move your vehicle you will receive a $50.00 ticket and your vehicle will be towed for a fee established by the tow company.
- Check RECENT NEWS on our home page for ON SALE and RENEWEL dates. We also announce on Bloomsburg University’s Today page, Facebook and Twitter.
- Lost or stolen permits: You must come to the station and fill out a Lost or Stolen Permit form. There is a $35.00 administration fee to replace. You will need to bring your photo ID. Any false statements will be subject to any penalties under PA title 18 sec 4904 related to Unsworn Falsification to Authorities. The old permit will then be null and void.