– Parking meters are enforced 10 AM to 5PM – MONDAY – SATURDAY.
– There is a 2-hour parking limit at the metered spaces on Main Street from East Street to West Street, including Market Square.
– NO PARKING on Main Street (including Market Square) between the hours of 2AM-5AM every day.
– Head In Parking Only at our meters. Do not back your vehicle in to any of the parking stalls.
Please note that Pennsylvania Vehicle Code Violations will be strictly enforced at all times:
- No Parking on the Sidewalk
- No Parking within an Intersection
- No Parking on a Crosswalk
- No Parking within 20 feet of a Crosswalk at an Intersection
- No Parking within 30 feet of a Stop Sign
- No Parking over 12 inches from the Curb
- No Parking against Traffic
- No Parking in Front of a Driveway
– Tickets are to be paid within 10 days from the date of issue. Failure to do so will result in additional costs.
– After 20 days from the date of issue the ticket will go into a citation at District Magistrate Lawton’s office (570) 784-1868.
– Once the ticket has gone into a citation, the fines increase. Once you receive a citation you can request a hearing. Be advised there will be court costs associated with this hearing if you are found guilty.
– Clerks can not excuse parking tickets. You must speak to the officer if you believe you were ticketed in error.
Parking Enforcement Officers are available to discuss tickets during the last half hour of their shift. Please contact our office for days and times. This must be done within 48 hours after fine was levied.
– Officers do not take phone calls about parking tickets.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
– The Bloomsburg Police Department will accept cash (not preferred), checks, money orders, certified checks and credit cards for payment of fines and fees.
– No coin currency will be accepted for fines greater than $5.00.
HOLIDAY TICKETING SCHEDULE
We do not ticket for Expired Meter tickets on the following holidays that Town Hall is closed:
New Year’s Day, All President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, 1st Day of Deer and Christmas Day.
All other holidays we will be ticketing. We ticket for any illegal parking on holidays.